Garageworks offers both garage door and Cypress, TX garage door opener installation services. Most people have an automated garage door opener. At this point, it’s almost a standard feature in most modern homes. However, like other pieces of technology, it’ll eventually break down and require a replacement.
When it does, you can call Garageworks to come and inspect your garage opener unit. We have experience installing and repairing various brands and systems. Call us today at (832) 919-9693 if you notice your garage door opener is acting strangely.
Reasons to Find a Cypress, TX Garage Door Opener Installation Service
Leave the repairs to a professional garage door technician. Every garage door opener has complicated wiring and parts. To ensure that nothing goes wrong, you should let a professional look at it if there’s something wrong with your garage door’s operations. Here are some typical signs that you either need to find a replacement door opener or repair service:
- The garage door won’t open or close. Usually, this is a dead battery or connection issue. However, if you rule out both possibilities, there may be an underlying problem that you’re unaware of.
- Your garage door works intermittently. If your garage door only works sometimes and it’s not from dying batteries, there may be a wiring issue.
- On that note, if your garage door is opening and closing without anyone touching any buttons, you’ll need to call a technician immediately. Leaving it alone is a safety hazard.
- The garage door opens then reverses. Typically, this issue has something to do with the safety eyes. Usually, it’ll do this if there’s something in the way of its sensors. However, if it’s still happening after you clean the area, something may be wrong with the alignment.
- Unusual noises are coming from the opener. When any piece of technology makes strange noises, you know something is going on.
- The garage opener is an older model. Models that are 15 years or older may not have the newest safety features. We highly recommend switching to a newer one.
Types of Garage Door Openers
Garage door openers come in a variety of types, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. However, they all have one thing in common: they open and close your garage door by remote control. There are five common types in commercial and residential garages.
- Chain-Drive Opener
Chain-drive openers are the most common type. It uses a chain to connect the trolley to the motor. It’s one of the more durable and affordable ones available. But it’s also one of the noisiest due to the metal-on-metal contact.
- Belt-Drive Opener
It operates similarly to the chain-drive type but uses a rubber belt instead of a chain. The belt allows it to be quieter than the chain-drive types. However, the trade-off is that it’s also a bit more expensive.
- Screw-Drive Opener
With this system, a trolley rides on a threaded rod as the motor rotates it. It’s the noisiest operating system among the systems available. On the other hand, it’s also easier to maintain due to the small number of parts.
- Jackshaft Opener
We install these systems on the side of the garage doors. It uses a motor that drives a pulley and cable system to turn the torsion bar that raises and lowers the garage door. These work for larger doors and save space in garages with little to no headspace. However, it’s also one of the more expensive options.
- Direct-Drive Opener
These systems are one of the quietest operating systems. They use a stationary chain in a steel rail and have only one moving part in the traveling motor carriage. Most of these systems come with lifetime warranties. On that note, most are similar in cost to belt-drive openers.
How to Maintain Your Garage Door and Door Opener
To keep both your garage door and garage door opener operating smoothly, you should perform some maintenance tasks. Before starting any of these tasks, you should ensure the power is off and the garage door is held securely in place.
Make sure all the moving metal parts have proper lubrication. These parts can wear down from constant usage, so occasionally grease or oil them. If your garage runs on tracks, make sure no debris or clutter is blocking them. And visually inspect your garage door and opener system to make sure nothing looks out of place.
You should also contact a professional garage door opener repair service to inspect the system a few times a year. Every garage door opener unit is a complicated system of moving parts. You may not realize something’s wrong. With the occasional inspection, you can ensure that you won’t need extensive repairs when it shows noticeable signs of breaking down later.
After Garageworks handles your new Cypress, TX garage door opener installation, our technician will inform you on what to keep an eye on. Every garage opener is a complicated piece of equipment. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, you should contact us to come and check it out.
Contact Garageworks for Garage Door Opener Installation and Repairs in Cypress
Looking for a reliable garage door service company? Look no further than Garageworks! We provide top-quality garage door and door opener repairs for homes and businesses in the Greater Houston area.
Not to mention, we also have garage opener and garage door installation services. Our technicians have experience handling various types of garage door brands. Some include doorLink garage doors, Clopay garage doors, Windsor garage doors, and several more. We also have experience installing LiftMaster Professional garage door openers, Chamberlain garage door openers, Linear garage door openers, and many other brands.
When you notice something wrong with your garage door or door opener, you can call us for help. Call us at (832) 919-9693 today to learn more about our available services! We can be by your driveway as soon as you need us. We won’t disappoint with our Cypress, TX garage door opener installation and repair services.
Cypress, Texas Fun Facts:
- Danielle Bradley, one of the winners of NBC’s The Voice, attended Cypress Ranch High School.
- Robbie Grossman, a professional baseball player, grew up in Cypress.
- Another famous person that grew up in Cypress was Cammile Adams, an Olympic swimmer.
- For more fun facts, visit the city’s official page.