When browsing Cypress TX garage doors, it is important to take into account that not every door is equal. There’s no point in purchasing an extremely cheap or flimsy door only to have it break within a year. In fact, some flimsy materials can also lower the overall value of your home. It can also provide dangerous obstacles for anyone inside or outside the garage when there is a malfunction.
However, even the best garage doors can’t last forever. Enduring several natural disasters, nasty rain seasons, or a gradual buildup of everyday usage can wear down the parts of your garage. Garageworks is a company that can help restore your garage into its best condition. We can install, repair, and service your garage door, so all of your garage’s contents remain safe from theft and the elements.
Our technicians have experience handling a variety of major garage door brands. These brands include C.H.I Overhead doors, doorLink garage doors, Clopay garage doors, and many more. Whether you need to install a new garage door or service or repair your current one, Garageworks can handle the work for you. Call us at (832) 919-9693 to hear more about our garage door services.
Types of Cypress TX Garage Doors
Before delving any deeper into garage doors, you should note that there are different types of garage doors. Each one has its own common issues and may operate differently from your neighbor’s. The following are several types of garage doors:
- Sectional Garage Doors
Most suburban homes in the U.S. have sectional garage doors, so chances are yours is too. Sectional garage doors are several panels that fold together along a track. The panels are hinged along the top and bottom by spring-loaded devices that require a small jiggle to open or close.
- Rolling Garage Doors
Rolling garage doors are one of the most common types of garage doors. Typically, you can find these garage doors in industrial or commercial garages. When the garage door is on the ground, it rolls up into the ceiling. These are typically the most energy-efficient type of door to use.
- Folding Garage Doors
There are a few different types of folding garage doors on the market. The most popular type is the type that folds up like an accordion. Most are metal and very sturdy.
- Sliding Garage Doors
Some people might think that sliding garage doors are a bit old-fashioned, but they can actually be quite convenient. They take up less space than regular garage doors, and they’re easy to open and close. It functions the same way as a sliding glass door.
- Tilt-Up Garage Doors
Tilt-up garage doors are made of one large panel that is hinged at the top and opens like a door. This style of garage door is an alternative to the traditional vertical-lift door. These types of garage doors were pretty popular in the 1960s and 1970s.
Tips for Maintaining Your Cypress Garage Doors
Cypress TX garage doors are important for security and insulation purposes. It is, therefore, important to ensure that they are correctly maintained. Here are some tips for maintaining your garage door:
- Keep the door well-lubricated. This will help keep it functioning smoothly. Regardless of what type of garage door you have, most have mechanical parts that you need to keep lubricated.
- Inspect the door for any signs of damage and repair as necessary. If there are dents, cracks, or other signs, you should contact a professional garage repair company.
- Keep the tracks and rollers clean and free of debris. Although not applicable to all garage door types, most do work on a track of some sort. Keeping whatever your garage door works on clean will allow your door to continue working as it should.
- Check the alignment of the door at least once a month. If the door is not closing correctly, there may be an issue with the alignment.
Common Garage Door Problems
The cause of your garage door problems can be a variety of things, from broken springs to faulty sensors. Often, a technician can fix the problems without too much trouble. But, it’s important to know what to look for and when to call a professional garage door repair company, like Garageworks.
- The door is difficult to open or close or stuck in either position.
This issue can spring from a number of causes. The springs may be worn out, or the garage opener isn’t functioning correctly. The cable inside the door may also be stuck or damaged.
- The door falls off its track.
Your garage door’s tracks may be bent or loose. Bent or damaged tracks can cause your door’s rollers out of alignment. On the other hand, your door’s vibrations can actually loosen the bolts that keep your tracks in place.
- The door makes a loud noise or is really noisy when opening or closing.
Your household members living next to or above your garage probably don’t appreciate a noisy garage door at six in the morning. If they’re still noisy after proper maintenance, their hinges may have issues. Or, the rollers on your door are wearing down, which can be noisy if the bearings stop rolling smoothly.
The Advantages of a Professional Garage Repair Company
A broken garage door can be a real inconvenience. Not only is it an eyesore, but it can also be a safety hazard. Professional garage door repair services can help you get your door back up and running in no time. If you are having problems with your garage door, you should contact Garageworks to fix it as soon as possible.
Our technicians operate throughout the Greater Houston, TX area. We have the experience and expertise to help you with your garage’s issues. Call us today if you need help returning your garage to its optimal condition.
Our professional service will be at your driveway as soon as possible so that you can use your garage again. With our help, you don’t have to let Cypress TX garage doors ruin the start or end of your day.
Cypress, Texas Fun Facts:
- Once rural, the Cypress area is now one of Houston’s largest suburban communities.
- Initially, Atakapa and Akokisa Native tribes lived in the area, but they disappeared after German settlers came to the area in the 1840s.
- You can see the German influence through the street names, such as Huffmeister and Telge.
- For more information, visit the city’s official page.